Lately we've been asking ourselves this very question. Well, maybe the question is more like what will we be doing? We had a lengthy conversation with the Peace House Board tonight via Skype. We entered the conversation hoping for a definitive outcome, but instead are still feeling very unsure of what will be. The conversation was positive, and we're confident they like us, but a timeline feels distant. So, we wait and pray for God to work out our future. Being leaders in an intentional community focused on non-violence is exciting and we're confident it would be a good fit for us. Also, up in the air would be who would live there with us. If you know anyone interested in faith, pacifism, simple living, and social justice, and who wants to live in community, let us know!
In other news...
I, Abigail, finished a very lengthy and time consuming application process so that the YWCA Missoula could have another Transitional Housing Americorps member next year.
Dietrich worked three days in a row last week. His day began at 4am! on those days. Good work!
Our Etsy store has been doing fairly well, at least relative to our beginnings.
We had book club last week. We read Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. This book is disturbing to say the least. The book club is going so great, though. Good discussion, food, and sharing abounds. We'll really miss those ladies!
I made a onesie this week for the first time. It was tricky, and the process needs some work, but my first try produced a functional piece of clothing, so I can't complain. I even made the pattern myself.
I was approved to have a vacation in May! We're planning to go to the Oregon Coast (Depoe Bay) for a much needed rest from work and clouds.
So, this is our life for now. Spring time in Missoula is welcomed and enjoyed.
In other news...
I, Abigail, finished a very lengthy and time consuming application process so that the YWCA Missoula could have another Transitional Housing Americorps member next year.
Dietrich worked three days in a row last week. His day began at 4am! on those days. Good work!
Our Etsy store has been doing fairly well, at least relative to our beginnings.
We had book club last week. We read Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. This book is disturbing to say the least. The book club is going so great, though. Good discussion, food, and sharing abounds. We'll really miss those ladies!
I made a onesie this week for the first time. It was tricky, and the process needs some work, but my first try produced a functional piece of clothing, so I can't complain. I even made the pattern myself.
I was approved to have a vacation in May! We're planning to go to the Oregon Coast (Depoe Bay) for a much needed rest from work and clouds.
So, this is our life for now. Spring time in Missoula is welcomed and enjoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment